02 April 2015

covered

I've neglected blogging for over a month, shame on me. That doesn't mean I haven't been hard at it, we've had a lot of good weather for sure.

In the last post there was still some uncovered plywood, I managed to paper that and also the other side. After that I completed all the siding front and back.





With a bit of help from Nick I've widened the cross bracing inside to make it a foot wide shelf. 


 Above he is breaking away ice that built up and kept the wall from opening.

Here's a shot of me after I completed the backside planking a week later, you can see how the cedar color changed already, above the window is fresh red wood. It was a bit chilly and you can see snow in the lower right

Next up I've cut a pallet to become awnings over the window and door. They were mounted using six inch screws and a lot of patience.







No comments:

Post a Comment